Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mommylove.

Dear Rayray,

Whenever I see you (especially as I stare at you sleeping with your chubby cheeks resting on the pillow and your eyes looking all the more Shaolin), I can't help but think "How could we have been so lucky?"
True, there were times when I felt so exhausted and sleep deprived.
There are still some moments when I can't help but notice how much our lives have changed.
I do miss the late night-outs, trips I could go to on a whim, basically not having to worry about anyone else but myself. There are a lot of things, which honestly, had I known before having you, I probably would have had second thoughts on whether or not I could really take on motherhood.
Thank God nothing scared me too much to back out on being a parent. Because no matter how much poo or pee or back-breaking bends to carry 25lbs up around my waist for long stretches...See, right now I can't even think of anything bad enough to merit the thought of not having had you. Nothing could ever be worse than not being with you.

You are such a blessing.
When you hold my cheek in the morning as you say, "Nana, nana."
When you turn over and ride your dad's tummy as you say "Tata, tata!"
I still can't help but feel amazed at how fast you're growing.
And baduy as it may sound, I always have this overwhelming feeling--like my heart's about to explode because it just can't contain the amount of love I feel for you.
I just love you so much. Hugging you just feels like a burst of positive energy. All my worries, frustrations, or whatever sh**ty feeling just melts away.

I thank God for you. It's amazing seeing you cuddled in your Tatay's embrace...and in that moment, I realize how that portion of our bed suddenly contains my whole world.

Always remember that you are very much loved, Anak.

*hugs*
Nanay

No comments: