Wednesday, January 09, 2013

My life theme for 2013: The power of gratitude.

For this year I would like to make each day an exercise of gratitude. Come to think of it, I always have a way of looking at the past with a longing feeling. Wishing it'll come back. But I know that when I was there it wasn't always that good and at times I'd wish that the minutes would go much faster than is physically possible just so I could make it to tomorrow.

What's gone seems better, looking back. It's easy to be sad, when you want to. For this year, I still would like to enjoy reminiscing about the good, the bad, what's should've been forgotten, or treasured. But I'd like to consciously, spend more time being thankful for the now.

God, thank you for everything. For the gift of family, friends, words, love, and a whole lot of things I can't put my finger on right now. Thank you, for thank you.

No comments: