Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Asim Chronicles

Perhaps one of the reasons why I'm praying that God give me more time on earth is because I don't want to face St. Peter and give him a pathetic answer to the question: So Cey, what have you done with your life?

I might not be able to give a fully accurate answer. But it would go a little something like this.
(pardon the asim...)

Cey: Uhm...well...I made ads.

St. Peter: Yun lang?
Cey: E, pa'no pa po, I had to sleep at some point.
St. Peter: Oh, ano pa, siguro naman may iba ka pang nagawa.
Cey: (mentions some good things she remembers)
St. Peter: Teka, teka, ma-balik tayo sa una mong sinabi. You made ads?
Cey: Opo.
St. Peter: You spent ___% of your adult life making ads, ni hindi ka man nagka-7+, wala kang international award, ni local award wala ka...my gulay how do you expect me to let you in here?!
Cey: Ang harsh mo naman. Este. Po. Harsh nyo po.
St. Peter: Hello, diba sabi ni St. Augustine, "Whatever you do, do it well, and you have praised God." Judging by the figures, I don't think you did such a great job.
Cey: Ay, grabe, harsh.
St. Peter: Duh. So, pa'no na?

Tapos sana magising na ko.

Hay.

Okay, tama na break. Back to work. Yipeedoodledoo.

And then a part of me says, "Be grateful may trabaho ka."
Hay sorry God, I am thankful for having a job. But, I just had to vent :c

And to end on a positive note. (Parang atsara, may asim pero may humahabol na tamis.)
God...I'm not sure exactly what to ask for, but you know what I need. And you know what's in my heart. Oh, and thank you for the resistensya builders. And for family, and friends. And love.

Yup...there are more things in life other than deadlines.

2 comments:

Mons C said...

Kaya mo yan, Cey! :-)

cey enriquez said...

Thanks Monsee :)
I'm feeling better.
At ang mantra ko for this week: Complain less. Better yet: Stop complaining.

Hevagreat week :)