Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good, bad, good, good GOOOD.

It’s almost creepy. I was going through some old docs in the computer when I came upon a document entitled: sunny wed.

============

8.24.05

It’s a Wednesday afternoon and the sun is shining oh so brightly.
I almost thought it was a Saturday, a Sunday even.

And suddenly I have this light feeling.
I am happy. For whatever reason, I’m not too sure.

Rod Stewart’s crooning in the background.
I still haven’t found dad’s Hotdog tribute CD. But still I feel happy. Is there something wrong with that?


============

Nothing’s really special about it. But here’s the deal. I wrote it the day before my house caught fire. It gave me the creeps. So is that it? When you feel suddenly oh-so happy, you ought to be wary? Because come tomorrow something bad, no…drastic just may happen.

Awful awful thought. But it’s a reality: I felt unexplainably happy on a given day, and come tomorrow, something totally devastating occurs. How else am I supposed to explain that?



Thing is, I can’t. Maybe it’s better not to put much thought on it. Blame it on coincidence. Hayyy…coincidence. Some cosmic interference must’ve caused these events to happen one after the other. For all I know it could’ve happened the other after the one. Huwaht?! Though that might not seem too logical, wouldn’t it?

Fine. So one good thing’s followed by an excruciatingly painful one. Suddenly I remember those kilig moments followed all too suddenly by heartbreaks... Should this be a reason to believe (P&G speak?!) that that’s how the world turns? I know there have been other moments in my life when this type of order occurred, but even when it’s far easier to generalize and cast this out as a rule, I would much rather not.

Because then every good thing would be smeared by the fear of a bad thing happening right after. What good should happy moments serve then? Suddenly I remember Dessa (fellow Ictusian) when she said, “I’ve stopped living my life waiting for the big axe to fall” For better illustration, let’s replace it the axe with an anvil. After all, isn’t it nice to sometimes think of ourselves as lone roadrunners nonchalantly speeding through the vast desert despite the fact that we know, (oh yes, the cartoonist said so) that the coyote’s got another ACME anvil hung over somewhere in our paths, waiting for our heads to pass.

Exciting lang.

Then again, there’s comfort in knowing that God the great cartoonist just won’t let the anvil fall flat on our heads. Unless of course we ignore all His warnings, and we truly need a head-bumping ‘learning experience’. Oh well, that’s another story.


For now, I would like to believe that not all good things are followed by bad events. There’s even a higher probability for bad things to be followed by surprisingly good ones. After all, despite all those kilig-moments cut abruptly by heartaches, I found Regi. Forgive the mushiness. It’s a happy thought nonetheless :)


No comments: