Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas is HERE!

As I walked towards the office I could not help but feel it in the air. It's oh-so-wonderfully true, Christmas IS here. There's an unexplainable flurry of cheers that seems to reek out of every person on the street. Despite all the obvious reasons not to be happy, Christmas really is unstoppable.

Despite the fact that I haven't even started wrapping my presents (well, at least I'm done buying them!) the panic and frenzy can't even prevent me from declaring this as a carefree, cheerful time.

It's just nice to be happy, to be excited for Christmas again. I don't know if I was this happy last year. Probably. It probably feels a bit more heightened this time around because Cris and Ate Lilet are here. Except for Dave and Tita Bot, the family's all here! Wooo-hooo! Plus with Gelo and Ica, the newest members of ever-so small Enriquez family. This really is a happy Christmas. Ahhh...quality time with the family. (syempre, with friends and lovey-dudey regi din :))

And, I haven't even opened my gifts yet! Unlike the other years when my EQ waned to .2678 and evidently made me peep and...open all my gifts even before the 24th. Come Christmas time I had nothing to look forward to; especially in these years when Santa doesn't exactly come around any more. So there. Except for 1 gift which I opened (the humongous Sponge Bob 'canister' filled with butter popcorn...yeah yeah yeah!) I'm still in for some surprise. Who says Christmas is only for kids? I wish to uphold my right to still be happy despite my un-kiddie status. Come to think of it, I still am a kid. Who cares if I'm 24? There's no law saying that once you stop believing in Santa Claus you're no longer qualified to be a kid and be ecstatic during this season.

Well, there is another reason why I'm happy...finally i've gone to confession. Hah! Yes, even in this day and age when it's easier to believe that it's no longer needed, I just felt the need to go through it. Deep down I still believe (no matter how cheesy / seemingly self-righteous it may sound) that it's nice to have a 'clean' heart during these times. Ok. 'Clean' may be a relative term; but the point is, it just feels good to have gone to confession right in time for His birth. Sort of feels like the good ol' grade school days.

Finally, this year's about to be over. Not to be unfair to 2005, it's had its good points. Still, there have been moments of pain. There's a nice feeling in knowing that next year's a clean new slate. Hah. 365 new days. 365 new reasons to plan and dream. 365 new reasons to wake up and be thankful that you're breathing. As if the last 6 days aren't worth being thankful enough. Heck, there's a certain joy in looking at the coming days as something...well...for lack of a more profound term...NEW.

Parang bagong sapatos. Bagong damit. Bagong taon. May ibang dating ang bago. Pero bago ang lahat...salamat sa Diyos sa Pasko; espesyal ang dating ng pagsalubong sa 2006. Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah!!! At syempre, may rason para magbakasyon. stop look and listenn to the bells to the ringing of the bells...

teka. malayo na ang usapan. basta masaya. MASAYA!!!! woooo-hooooo!!!!! Merry Christmas!! Thank you God, masaya ako. Ang selfish naman...pero sana lahat ng mga mahal ko sa buhay masayang-masaya din. While we're at it, sana buong mundo masaya; pero dahil may favoritism ako--sana pinakamasaya ang mga Pinoy! Siguro naman somewhere may Kano, Aprikano, Chinez, o iba pang nagmimithi na ang lahi nya ang pinakamasaya. so okay, patas lang ang laban.

osya, may Christmas dinner pa kong pupuntahan. Eto'ng isa pang masarap sa pasko, more effort to reconnect and spend time with friends. Hayyy....basta. masaya lang.

No comments: