Thursday, November 28, 2013

Just write.

In the hopes of sparking something deep deep down inside me, I'm writing.
No censorship. No editing. Basta, sulat lang.
Might be the best way to get through this mental constipation.
What I may be going through right now may be the same things I've been through every couple of years? months. It's always been a roller coaster ride. How else would life be exciting if it were only a series of straight aheads.
It's about time I reminded myself that whatever it is I'm looking for might already be staring me right in the face.
These days I call fallow times may be just what I need to challenge...ohh I hate that word right now (coming from client mtgs and internal idea-grinding sessions)
Again, I digress...
To challenge...the boredom that comes with status quo.
But what's wrong the boat not being rocked? Ain't life supposed to be dandy if it's peaceful with nothing but Jack Johnson songs playing in the background?
Ah, but Stone Temple Pilots will always have their place.
Not to mention Mick Jagger singing 'I can't get NO Sa-tis-fac-tion...'

Ano ba talaga ang gusto kong mangyari sa buhay ko?

Ah, the eternal question.
Sometimes I think I know what I want to do, and what I need to do to get the ball rolling.
And then I realize what I'm set to forgo.
Then I'd admit that I'm afraid.
Then I'll lovingly embrace the status quo, and simply tell myself that maybe I'm just being a tad bit ungrateful.

Maybe I am.
Maybe I lack endorphins. Sabi ni Regi, kulang kasi ko sa exercise.

Baka nga.

For lack of better answers, let's resurrect an old exercise. So here goes:
Things to be grateful for this Thursday Afternoon:
1. P25 ice cream
2. Friends to eat lunch with
3. Music
4. Earphones to zone off with
5. An 8 year old phone (o 9 ba?) that still works and can still kick ass
6. A 22 year old car that's still trusty, at malakas ang aircon! Go Tatau!
7. Regi's infinite understanding
8. Regi's corny jokes. Him laughing at my even cornier come-backs
9. Coming home to Rayray literally jumping up and down as he shouts 'Nanay, Nanaaaayyy! Hugggg1'
10. Hands that can type
11. All these on top of the usual sweet stuff: family, love, the practicality of having a God that listens.
12. Words.

As Sheldon Cooper would've said, 'There, there.'

Hmm. That felt, kinda...good.

No comments: