Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dinner at the Stock Market (high dividends!)

For the past few Saturdays, I've been hibernating.
Mostly because I didn't have the energy to go out, just got off being sick, or just had to recharge from a tiring week.

I have been on econo-mode. I thought that the best way to conserve my energy was just to stay on the couch and be as close as possible to the bedroom for when the pillows beckon.

But tonight, I finally got to join the girls' monthly kitakits with sila Seiji. I'm not the type to blog, "Just came from dinner with the girls..." Oh but here I am, doing so. Lest I forget the feeling of coming home on a Saturday night, not feeling enervated nor feeling all the more bad when I realize I did absolutely nothing but 'recharge' or 'hibernate' to no avail.

I got it all mixed up. Apparently, pulling my ass off the couch and meeting up with good ol' friends is one of the best ways to really recharge. To hear the laughter that used to echo on the high school walls, to hear about stories about little brothers and sisters (who are now about to graduate from college?!!) At one point I felt old, but for the most part, I just felt...happy.

Happy to be in the company of people whom you knew saw you at your happiest, knew you at some of your crummiest moments, shared the totoy/nene days with you, didn't care how you looked, shared your dreams and corny jokes with. People who were part of those years you know you'll never ever forget--and you'll never tire of reminiscin' about.

And even when you talk about similar woes about long work-hours, adult issues and stuff, for the most part you just spend the evening enjoying the good food, relishing the stories, and basking in the same heart-thumping, pasta-peeping (as in teeth pasta!), syncopated laughter, that brings you back to the walls of St. Paul.

Time travel at its finest.
Energy level: high.

p.s.
Baby-baby says: See mom, choose happy :).
Ok, time for bed. Love you.

Again God, thanks for great family, great friends, and energy to enjoy them all. And thanks Regi for you-know-what.
:))

No comments: