Saturday, October 25, 2008

Choco-peanut butter bars

These days I've been as volatile as the stock market; bailed-out/ pleasantly buoyed by choco-peanut butter bars.

First one from that pleasant girl at Starbucks named Dimples who kindly checked the storage freezer to find that there were still 2 bars left; the other one from Popo who passed by the office tonight (after my having said no to innumerable invitations to simply meet up) to...what have we here...hand over a much-needed peanut butter bar.

I suspect that God bribes me with food. That feels a bit blasphemous, having to use the word 'bribe', but I know He knows what I mean. Sweetness, nga naman, feels much sweeter on those days when things seem undeniably, bland. And what I can't seem to get a taste of in Life, my tongue gets to at least cherish for a few moments. Not exactly a fair deal. But definitely, better than air.

Although I am deeply hoping it's there. I haven't gotten around to appreciating the flavors completely. It has to be there. Whatever It is.

5 comments:

pouty said...

After this entry, do you still deny that your posts are always poignant?!?!?! :D

cey enriquez said...

Baka pag gutom lang ako. :)

Unknown said...

Penge.

cey enriquez said...

Isipin ko. Ayaw :)

Unknown said...

Uwi ka na! Nauubos ko na pasalubong ko sa yong Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar