Thursday, August 14, 2008

Float like an ant on a leaf.

Today I will take the lead on my life.
I will call the shots.
And for this moment...I decide to float.

At least on that point, I decided.

But sincerely, this is just one of those days when I can't seem to make myself go forward. Must be the disappointments that just topped one over the other. Makes me want to ask: so what's the point?

But I know there is a reason why things happen. Or for my part, why they don't. And for this time why things just seem to be on a standstill.

So I choose to float.
From one perspective, it's like recklessly letting go. Or less profoundly, simply giving up.
From another perspective, it's like telling the universe: I'm all open. Take me wherever.

For this moment I will be an ant on a leaf. I will go where the stream brings me. Hold on to the corners lest my raft topple over. And if it does, so what. Who says ants can't breathe under water? Or who knows if I'll enjoy the swim? Or if the leaf with bring me over to yet another dry land, or a magical place where fairies will happily invite me to play with them.

The hope for magic shall keep me afloat.

No comments: