Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rainbows End.

Yesterday morning.
On our way to work.
Daddy and I passed by Reposo.
Up ahead was a rainbow whose end fell on the Makati Cemetery.

It felt funny, weird, eerie at some point. But I couldn't help but feel thankful for the gift of perspective. As the traffic moved along smoothly, so did the end of the rainbow. No longer did the pot of wonderful gold lie at the cemetery. It moved along on top of buildings--residential now, commercial later...then onto some office buildings.

A part of me wants to write more about this. A bigger part just wants to let things be. There's no need to explain the point. For the fear of muddling the idea. Someday when I'll look back on this post I'll know exactly what I mean.

but in case I forget, I think I need to write down some keywords: death, life, happiness, finding the end of the rainbow, some things you pursue may turn out to be a downright disappointment --dreary, dreadful, frightening even. But move along and things will turn out just fine. Enjoy the rainbow. You may never know where exactly it will end, but depending on how you look at it, it could always turn out good.

There. Don't forget cey.

7 comments:

RegiPonferrada said...

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby... If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow why oh why can't I?

cey enriquez said...

You are, by far, the funniest person I know. And you don't even try! Thanks for the good Monday morning ha-ha. :)

Paolo Dy said...

A parallel experience:

After years of carrying around a camera, trying to always be ready to capture every glorious sunset or fleeting expression that comes my way, I've come to understand that sometimes God sends you magic moments that are _not_ meant to be captured, but simply enjoyed. It's like they're special gifts that aren't for sharing with other people -- it's just between you and Him.

Ever since I took up that philosophy, I've been a far more relaxed photographer (and human being) in that regard :D

cey enriquez said...

Ganda, pau, salamat :) Onga e, kasi minsan kulang pa rin ang ganda pag nasa picture na. Mas masarap balik-balikan yung ala-ala. Mas buhay. At...ang sweet nga naman ni God.

cey enriquez said...

Lilit! Anong kanta yun? :) o, ayan ha, mas masayang post...relatively. Opo, I won't turn my back on the rainbow. Feels more like I'm chasing one everyday. (Well, at least yun yung gusto kong isipin ngayon.)

VM said...

It feels weird reading your blog entry! Just yesterday, I was in a business class seminar and this guy next to me shared something he read somewhere. In his reading, the author said that the richest place on earth is the cemetery because it had the most unrealized potentials.... kinda makes me feel compelled to do something worthwhile in this lifetime!

cey enriquez said...

Ay, ang lungkot naman para isiping sementeryo ang 'richest place on earth' pero may point ha. Hay, we share the same sentiments, which reminds me, I've been planning to do something, ayan buti naalala ko. Here's to the propensity to dream...and the commitment to make them come true. Nawa'y matupad natin ang mga pangarap nating makagawa ng great things :)